Nothing makes a homeowner happier than having a lush green lawn that they can be proud of. Just a quick glance can show everyone who passes by how much you care about your property and the way it looks. Creating the lawn you want can be easier said than done at times.
Here are 5 great tips to get you the best lawn ever without having to buy the best turf on the market!
- Take care of your lawn consistently. The more routine and regularly the lawn is cared for the better your turf will look. Healthy lawns take maintenance and can’t simply be left to go wild and uncared for. Set up a schedule for things like watering and mowing and stick to it. Know that the time and effort you put in will create the best turf for your lawn.
- Taking care of the lawn is just one of the steps. Feeding the lawn and ensuring it has all the nourishment it needs will give it the best chance possible. This means ensuring that you are fertilising as needed to give your lawn what it needs to grow through the entire season.
- Over-seeding. If you have bare patches, or balding dry areas adding seed to those areas will help flush out the lawn and make it look much better than leaving the bald bare patches. The rule with this is to add more seed than you need, instead of not adding enough.
- Water for longer times, less regularly instead of short spurts every day. A healthy lawn needs moisture to grow. The roots need the water to survive. By watering for longer periods of time, the water goes deeper into the soil, encouraging deep roots, which maintain moisture levels better and create a much healthier lawn that doesn’t require as much watering overall. A general rule of thumb is 1-2 inches of water (or rain) every three to four days. If mother nature provides it you won’t have to. This is just a general rule though. Hotter areas will require more watering to maintain the lawn due to evaporation of moisture from the soil.
- The best turf comes from lawns that can breathe. Roots need oxygen and well-aerated soil. If your soil is compacted and hard the roots will not be able to grow as deep or as strong and your lawn will pay for it. By aerating the lawn, you are providing valuable oxygen to the roots and the microbes residing in the soil and creating a less compacted, healthier soil for the grass to grow in. This is vital to the health and well-being of your lawn.
There are many other great tips and tricks to ensuring you have the best lawn possible. If you are looking to discover more ways to ensuring your lawns health or looking for the best turf to create the perfect lawn Rivers Edge Turf in Sydney is happy to be your go-to place. We can assist you with turf installation, maintenance and more. Stop by or give us a call today to see how we can help you.